Monday-Friday 8 a.m-4 p.m
$9.50 per hour
Establish working relationships with customers, local law enforcement and fire departments. Security personnel will always perform job duties with a constant awareness of surroundings, making note of any and all activity that takes place in the assigned area. Maintain a professional image and demonstrate excellent customer service at all times.
- Control of entrances and movement of pedestrian and vehicle traffic.
- Patrol of buildings and perimeters.
- Escort of material and personnel.
- Inspection of security and fire exposures.
- Special assignments
- Be on time and report to post in full uniform.
- Maintain professional image that includes greeting customers, visitors and employees in a polite and friendly manner.
- Patrol physical property or maintain fixed post position, being diligent to report any suspicious activity and investigate accidents and criminal acts.
- Monitor cameras or equipment in a continuous fashion as outlined in the post orders.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all emergency policies, procedures and regulations to be able to respond to alarms, incidents and emergency situations.
- Complete Daily Activity Reports, Log Book entries, Incident Reports and all relevant reports related to job assignment.
- High School Diploma and/or equivalent (GED).
- Alabama State Guard Card
- Clear criminal record. Must clear background check.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Pass a random drug screen
- Ability to walk as required to perform the duties associated with functioning as a security officer.
- Must know how to use a computer, access the internet
- Southern Protection Agency pays Holiday Pay
- Southern Protection Agency pays one week vacation after a one year full time
Southern Protection Agency hires VETS,RETIRED LAW ENFORCEMENT
- A public safety officer is to be honest, alert and well-disciplined as the custodians of employee and customer property and safety.
- Constant and dedicated vigilance.
- Strong customer service skills, exemplifying skill
- Ability to be a hands-on, results oriented employee, handling multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to facilitate progressive change, work as part of a team and follow directions.
- Work with a sense of urgency.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Security Officer to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers.
Pushing/pulling/carrying lifting may include up to 50 lbs. stair climbing.
Normal vision or corrected by use of glasses and/or contacts for normal reading and viewing abilities.
Ability to twist, turn, bend, stand, climb stairs, run and walk as required to perform the duties associated with functioning as a security officer.
Must know how to use a computer, access the internet, and use web based programs to write reports.
Benefits include paid vacation and holiday.